Rent a yacht in Montenegro has become a popular tourist entertainment, which allows you to see the country not only from land, but also from the sea. In this article we will discuss all the nuances of yachting.
- 1. Security. Adriatic is one of the most convenient places for yachting in the world. In this part of the water area storms are extremely rare, and nothing breaks the tranquility of holidaymakers.
- 2. Good weather. In spring, the optimal temperature for yachting is established in Montenegro. The season of sea walks lasts until the end of the season, that is, until October. In the summer heat walks on the yacht allow you to cool down and gain strength.
- 3. Beautiful scenery. Rolling on a yacht in Montenegro, you can see amazing combinations of mountains and the sea, visit any of the islands, bays, harbors and harbors you like. In solitary places, it's good to fish, swim with an underwater mask and do scuba diving.
- 4. Optimal conditions. All resort towns and popular tourist places in Montenegro are equipped with marinas and other water transport. In all major ports of the country, service and repair services are provided.
- 5. Comparative cheapness. A notable feature of yachting in Montenegro is duty-free fuel and reduced VAT on the placement of water transport in the marinas. Both facts affect the cost of renting yachts. In Montenegro, it is an order of magnitude lower than in other European countries.
Ways and options for renting
Sites of local landlords offer a detailed list of services provided to tourists: water transport rental, insurance, service, etc. Many companies that specialize in issuing yachts for rent, offer the services of a captain.
Many tourists decide to rent a yacht on arrival in Montenegro. To do this, it is enough to come to any pier, inspect the boats you liked and choose the most suitable option.
With local yacht owners, you can negotiate a discount, which can not be said about booking a boat online. Most often with a long rental landlords themselves offer a little give way in price. Many provide entertainment equipment for free.
Owners of water transport help tourists with a choice of the type of yacht (inflatable, motor, sailing) and its capacity (almost all are designed for 3-4 people). A spacious motor yacht is the most expensive.
Some ships are suitable for long trips. As a rule, they are equipped with a full kitchen, guest toilet with shower, guest cabins and captain's room.
Places to visit
For its picturesqueness Kotor Bay was included in the UNESCO list. It consists of 3 bays of amazing beauty. On the shores of the bay there are historically valuable cities: Herceg Novi, Risan, Kotor, Tivat. In the Bay of Kotor you can find a parking lot for yachts, leave the leased vessel and go explore new cities.
National parks in Montenegro are located near water bodies. Everyone can get to the yacht. The tourists are particularly impressed by the Durmitor nature reserve, which is located in the north of the country. After enjoying the surrounding nature from the water, you can leave the yacht and go for active rest: rock climbing, rafting, swimming in the lake, etc.
Skadar Lake is the largest reservoir in the Balkans. On it are scattered islands, on some of them towering old buildings and churches. Monks living in monasteries, with pleasure share with holidaymakers their fascinating stories.
In the vicinity of Perast there is one of the main Montenegrin attractions - the island of "Madonna on the Reef". On the island there is a beautiful Catholic church.
Budva, Sveti Stefan, Bar, Bigova, Mamula, Ulcinj - all these Montenegrin resorts are also suitable for visiting within the bounds of sea voyage on a rented yacht.